A volunteer driver helps us by picking up and dropping off course resources to community venues across the Dudley Borough for the delivery of the Chronic Disease Self Management Programme and its derivatives.
Meeting Tutors on Week 1 of the programme with the course resources and then again on Week 6 to return the resources to the Self Management Programme.
The resources can consist of a small pull along trolley consisting of books, hospitality etc, a set of slim A1 charts, flipchart stand.
Occasionally moving furniture (tables and chairs) if the room requires to be set up to deliver the course.
There are approximately 6 pickups/drop offs every 6 weeks.
Requirements of the Placement:
1. Complete a volunteer application form
2. Attend an interview
3. Complete and DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check and Health Check
4. Own transport with room for equipment
5. Evidence of driving license insurance and MOT
6. Attend manual handling training
Duties and Responsibilities:
– To complete essential training, such as manual handling
– Assist the team by taking course equipment and materials to venues, including flipchart stands, pull along trolleys, books, participant details and a slim A1 carry case
– Treat all participant information in line with The Data Protection Act and Dudley MBC’s Confidentiality and Data Protection Policy.
– Occasionally set up rooms at the beginning of sessions if help is required.
– Liaise with team & volunteer tutors to agree mutually supportive roles.
– Give feedback to team suggesting improvements for consideration.
– Complete records as required
– Submit expense sheet in a timely manner, providing receipts for purpose of reimbursement of expenses (i.e. car parking, refreshments, itemised telephone bill and mileage at 0.40 pence per mile)
– Assist in recruitment of volunteers by raising awareness of volunteering opportunities within the programme.
– Adhere at all times to the Code of Conduct, volunteer agreement and relevant Dudley MBC Policies and Procedures
– Carry out the voluntary role under the supervision of the Self Management Programme Manager and Coordinator
– Ability to travel across the Dudley Borough in your own car to deliver equipment
– We suggest an annual free eye test to be conducted when over the age of 60, to ensure your safety and suitability for the role.
Volunteers will not be expected to incur out of pocket expenses.
– Over 18 years of age
– Must have own transport suitable for the role
– Insurance must cover voluntary duties
– Have an awareness of self management and its benefits
– Effective communications and interpersonal skills
– Patient, friendly, genuine and approachable
– The ability to accept and build on feedback from others
– Adaptable to working with different people
– Basic numeracy and literacy skills
– Committed to equal opportunities and understanding of diversity in cultures
– Ability and willingness to comply with the Volunteer Agreement and Dudley MBC policies and procedures
– Work in partnership with other volunteer tutors
– Smart in appearance
– Good time keeping
– We suggest you undertake a free annual eye test to be conducted when over the age of 60, to ensure your safety and suitability for the role.