Purpose/ summary of role:
– To record accurately our charity’s financial activity.
– To keep trustees of the charity informed of our financial position in a timely manner.
– To provide guidance to the group on internal control and financial procedures.
Description of tasks
As a treasurer :
– Ensure that all financial transactions are handled safely and accurate records are kept if required.
– Report to and advise the charity on its financial position.
– Attend all meetings of the committee, as far as is practicable, to ensure financial decisions are agreed by the committee.
We advise you to allow up to 4 hours per month. At certain times of the year you may need to give more time. For example, when preparing a budget at the beginning of the year, or when completing the Annual Financial Return at the end of the year. Anticipated length of role: Minimum one year, and generally no longer than six consecutive years.
Any person applying for this role must have had previous bookkeeping experience or be studying towards an AAT, ACCA or ICMA.
The Volunteer Development Officer and Chief Officer will provide guidance and support. Reimbursement of expenses and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
Benefits to volunteer:
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the charitable work of Dudley Advocacy. if you have experience of, or are interested in book keeping this could be a opportunity to develop career opportunities. The treasurer’s role is essential for making sure our charity runs successfully and continues to benefit vulnerable adults across the Borough of Dudley.
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact:
Tel: 01384 456877