TimeBank is looking for volunteers to run workshops as part of its new Be Well project.
Be Well is a programme of workshops aimed at those caring for relatives or friends who for social, cultural and other reasons may not consider or identify themselves as carers. This opportunity is based in the Dudley Borough and will involve running wellbeing workshops for carers looking after people facing addiction or social stigma.
- Reducing isolation within this carer group
- Assisting carers in identifying their own needs
- Helping carers understand the Five Ways to Wellbeing and their rights under the Care Act
- Enable carers to plan next steps for accessing support
Brief description of the role:
Volunteers will receive an induction to their role and all workshops materials in advance. They will have the opportunity to deliver one or more 5-hour workshops covering:
- Carer profiles
- Carer needs
- Carer rights
- Help for Carers
- Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Plan of action
Workshop delivery will take place between 28th September and 16th October 2015 at various locations in the borough of Dudley. Travel expenses will be paid and lunch provided.
TimeBank believes that it is really important that as a volunteer, you are well supported throughout the project to make sure you have a great experience, so the Project Co-ordinator will always be on hand to help and support trainers.
TimeBank’s volunteers come from all walks of life and are all ages. It’s not essential, but it would be helpful if have an understanding or personal experience of caring or the issues surrounding it.
We particularly welcome applications from people with previous training, facilitation or presentation experience although this is not a requirement. No qualifications are required – a positive outlook, time, patience and an understanding of the issues are most important.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Training, facilitation, presentation skills (desirable but not essential)
- Confident speaking in front of a group of people
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience of the caring role
- Ability to cope with challenging situations
Following application, volunteers will be asked to:
- To undertake a short interview
- To take part in a Trainer Induction Day
- To provide two personal references
- Be willing to undertake a CRB check
- Deliver one or more workshops
- Ensure assessment sheets are completed and returned to TimeBank
- Take part in Trainer Feedback
How to Apply Please send your CV and a brief covering letter to the Project Co-ordinator Odilia Mabrouk at email@example.com or via post to:
TimeBank, Unit 201B, The Big Peg, 120 Vyse St, Birmingham, B18 6NF
Application deadline: 11th Sept. Interview date: 15th Sept. Induction day: 22nd Sept.