Rangers love the countryside and being out in the fresh air, so they know what our outdoor visitors need. They’re great at taking care of the wildlife and stunning landscapes of Kinver Edge for ever, for everyone.
By getting involved, you could:
– Feel the wind in your hair, and get a tan without trying
– Help look after important landscapes for future generations
– Use your passion for the outdoors and share your knowledge with visitors
– Working alongside passionate countryside management professionals, learning skills along the way
– Join a friendly and varied team and make some new friends
– Helping the ranger team with practical work to keep the countryside in great condition.
– Learning more about Kinver Edge- its history, landscape, nature and archaeology
– Helping each visitor feel welcome, making suggestions so they have a safe and enjoyable day
– Helping to prepare materials for our family events and school groups, and even join in!
– Being ready to help, sharing what’s great about the property, helping people understand why we need to take care of special places and thinking about the needs of all visitors, including disabled people and families
– Letting staff know of any issues with fences, footpaths etc
– Maintaining good relationships with people who share the land
– Getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures
– There might be some other activities that are of interest to you, that we could use your help with
This role will suit you if you are:
– Outdoorsy, whatever the weather’s doing
– Reasonably fit and healthy – you don’t need to be Bear Grylls but you’ll do a lot of walking and practical tasks
– Keen to work with people and animals!
– Passionate about Kinver Edge and know the best spots
– We’ll help you get to know Kinver Edge how you can help and how you will work with the rest of the team – with induction and training
– We provide equipment to help you do this role well and safely
– We’ll also cover agreed costs of your travel between home and the Edge