Commitment: Minimum 2.5 hours a week for six months.
Responsible to: Day Services and Volunteer Co-ordinator.
Working alongside the Learning Coordinator (art tutor) you will provide support to clients in a group setting and on an individual basis as well as assisting staff to deliver creative art rehabilitation sessions.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
1. To work alongside the learning Co-ordinator (art tutor) and be a part of delivering rehabilitation sessions to clients in both a group setting and individually.
2. To help staff set up before, and tidy up after each session.
3. To support clients in completing activities, prompting, guiding and encouraging them.
4. To observe clients and provide feedback to staff on their activities and progress.
5. To help with making and serving refreshments.
6. To support clients with their eating and drinking.
7. To drive clients to and from locations as part of their activities (if you are willing and able)
8.To comply with any reasonable instruction given by a member of staff as part of the day-to-day running of Headway.
9. To participate in regular supervision with the Day Services & Volunteer Co-ordinator.
10. To comply with headway Black Country’s policies andprocedures. This includes presenting yourself in a professional manner, maintaining client confidentiality and working in a way that keeps Headway a safe and healthy environment.
1. It is essential you have a general knowledge of arts & crafts, drawing and painting (acrylic, water colour)
2. Some experience as a professional artist and / or art education would be desirable but not essential.
3. You are able to communicate effectively with adults who have a physical disability and