Responsible to: Trustee Chairperson
Time commitment: Minimum of 12 months
Hours required: As and when required
At Headway Black Country we provide support to individuals with acquired brain injuries
Our services include:
– Increase awareness and understanding of acquired brain injury and its consequences.
– Provide information and support for people with acquired brain injuries, their families and cares, as well as interested professionals.
– Assist people with acquired brain injuries to return to community living, including access to productive life.
Purpose of the role:
The trustee will be tasked with acting on the governing body of the charity, ensuring that the charity is well managed by all staff and volunteers, and is operating within the agreed policies, the law and its budget.
General Trustee Requirements:
To uphold confidentiality in relation to all information received as a result of contact with the organisation, its staff and partners and service users.
To actively participate as a member of the board of trustees, communicating previous experience and expertise to aid decision making.
To have an awareness of standard procedures and general health and safety matters, being aware of the safety of yourself and others.
To act in a professional manner when greeting and working alongside others.
To keep accurate records and communicate information when required.
Specific Trustee Tasks:
To ensure the charity pursues its charitable objects defined by its governing documents, applying its resources exclusively in furtherance of its projects.
To ensure the financial stability of the charity and proper investments of its funds.
To contribute actively when deciding on firm strategic directions for the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and targets and evaluating performance of both the charity and its staff against agreed targets.
To show commitment to the charity, safeguarding its good name and values.
– A committed individual who is willing to devote the necessary time and effort to their trustee duties
– An understanding and agreement of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of the trusteeship
– An ability to think creatively and strategically, with the courage and willingness to speak their mind and share these ideas
– An ability to work effectively as both an individual and as an active member of a team
– If possible, previous experience within a HR or business management role would be favoured, in addition to experience of chairing a board and fundraising