Purpose of the role:
To ensure that all those wishing to attend meetings, outings, leisure activities and other events have information about appropriate transport.
Tasks and responsibilities:
– Provide up-to-date information to people with MS about available transport options
– Complete the relevant risk assessments for branch transport activities
– Keep up to date with any guidance and information regarding the operation of vehicles from the MS National Centre or other organisations
– Be responsible for the training of Branch Drivers, as appropriate
– Draw up rotas for Branch Drivers and arrange vehicle booking systems
– Operate a transport sub-committee where necessary (liaise with the entire committee)
A disclosure check will be required for this role as it involves volunteering closely and regularly with vulnerable groups. Having a criminal record will not be an automatic barrier to volunteering with us, as only relevant convictions will be taken into account.
Approximately two to three hours per week.
– A clean driving licence and able to fulfil the requirements of HSV: 011 the flowchart for MS Society Volunteer Drivers
– Good communication and organisational skills
– Willing to work as part of a team