Our aim is to bring children and young people of different faiths together in a safe environment where they can make new friends and also learn about different faiths whilst also playing games, doing arts and crafts, cooking/baking and much more.
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable volunteers aged 18+ who have experience of working with young people.
In return for your commitment and hard work you’ll gain fantastic experience to add to your CV including youth work skills, leadership, mentoring, decision-making, teamwork.
This position involves working with young people and therefore you will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and we will request references to support your application. (We will put you on an initial trial period and then we will cover the cost for all DBS certificates.
Volunteers will provide encouragement and support to young people, recognising and celebrating progress and helping them to fulfil their potential. You will have a key role in keeping young people engaged and enthused.
What will you gain?
– The opportunity to make a difference to young people’s lives
– The chance to develop skills and knowledge of working with young people
– Personal development opportunities
– Relevant training and support to help you in your role
– Experience of working with young people (either paid or voluntary)
– Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills including listening and communication skills
– A positive, non-judgemental and supportive attitude
– An understanding of the issues facing young people
– Reliable and flexible with good time management skills
– Ability to act as a positive role model for young people
– Ability to relate to and empathise with young people and to motivate and inspire them to achieve their potential
– Ability to establish and maintain professional boundaries with young people
– Ability to think on your feet
– Good sense of humour!
– Specific experience of working with 8/9/10/11/12 year olds