To support service users in participating in planned activities ranging from painting, board games, exercises and craft work. To support service users in remaining socially active and reduce isolation.
This role requires a DBS check and two references.
Outgoing and friendly, interested in supporting the customers to do activities of their choice, good listening and communication skills, happy to work as a team and assist in organising internal and external activities and outings.
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact:
We are delighted to be running our Volunteers and the Law session on Friday 1st May, 9-1 in Brierley Hill. If you manage volunteers and would like to attend this FREE session, please get in touch with Eileen on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do volunteers have the same rights as employees?
- Health and safety doesn’t apply to volunteers does it?
- Do your volunteers sign a contract?
- Are you aware how easy it is to create a contract with volunteers?
Many volunteer-involving organisations are not aware of the legal implications when working with volunteers. Our session aims to dispel myths and clarify your legal responsibilities. We also use actual case studies where volunteers have taken organisations to court, to help demonstrate bad practice when involving volunteers.
We aim to give participants:
- An understanding of how current legislation has implications for
volunteers and volunteer involving organisations.
- Knowledge of good practice recommendations relating to the management of volunteers.
- Participants will also have the opportunity to plan for their own organisation in terms of how legislation affects management of their own volunteers.
Purpose of sessions:
Dudley CVS and Healthwatch Dudley are hosting these sessions to bring together a range of providers from the voluntary, private and statutory sectors to explore the potential role they can play in supporting people in hospital and in their own homes following discharge.
• Learn about what came out of the first session held in December
• Learn about the hospital discharge pathway
• Learn from Dudley Group and Adult Social Care about what is working really well currently and what is not across health and social care
• Explore where providers could add value
• Decide on ideas, options for funding and putting together proposals
This session is being repeated three times to engage a wide range of providers. Participants only need to attend one session. The sessions are being held on the following dates:
• Friday 8th May, 10am – 12:30pm in Sedgley. Please book a place through Eventbrite click here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/supporting-patients-through-hospital-discharge-and-aftercare-tickets-16712269849
• Wednesday 10th June, 10am – 12:30pm in Brierley Hill. Please book a place through Eventbrite click here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/supporting-people-through-hospital-discharge-and-aftercare-tickets-16713082279
• Wednesday 24th June, 10am – 12:30pm in Brierley Hill. Please book a place through Eventbrite click here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/supporting-people-through-hospital-discharge-and-aftercare-tickets-16713219690
For more information, please contact Kate Green, Dudley CVS on 01384 573381.