Helping social housing tenants across the Sandwell borough to improve their money management skills.
The tenants will have varying levels of IT, literacy and numeracy skills so the buddy will require good communication skills to be able to support the tenants.
What you will be doing:
Amongst the tasks you may be asked to do are:
– Supporting SFSH staff by utilising your social media skills to communicate with tenants
– To drive web traffic to SFSH by utilising its Facebook, Twitter accounts and website
– Helping tenants find appropriate community places to access the internet
– Supporting staff at community/outreach events and/or training sessions
– Other tasks as agreed with the volunteer
You may be asked to support tenants on your own if both you and members of staff feel it is appropriate.
To meet the requirements of staff and tenants. Times and days as agreed with the volunteer beforehand.
At SFSH office, at outreach/community events or supporting training sessions
What you could get out of it:
Meeting different people from across Sandwell, helping people to manage their money better, helping people to keep their tenancy, experience in a supporting role.
– Must have good overall computer knowledge
– Social media skills, competent in using Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snap Chat, as well as upload onto websites, etc.
– Computer skills (Internet, word processing, spread sheets, using a laptop, setting up/how to join a network, installing software, etc.)
– How to describe potentially complex technical issues in a way that it easily understood
– Good listening skills
– Potentially good presentation/teaching/facilitation skills
– Likely to have good problem solving skills
– Ability to maintain confidentiality, professional boundaries and security, when working with residents, staff and external agencies
– Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
– Likely to have experience of an IT Support role or be as experienced/confident home computer user