To help Age UK Dudley provide opportunities for older people to learn I.T. skills in a safe and supportive environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– To assist older people to learn the basics of computing as well as specific applications like shopping on-line, emailing friends and family and researching various subjects
– Raising awareness of the Internet and how to access information
– Give older people who are not familiar with computers the opportunity of learning something new
– To complete a report for each learning session to ensure that learning objectives are met
– Adhere to the policies and procedures of Age Concern Dudley
– Wear a personal identity badge whilst volunteering
– Represent the professional standards of the charity
Age UK Dudley will repay any agreed expenses (bus fares, etc) on production of receipts paid out in the course of journeys, so that you are not out of pocket. Travel expenses will be paid on a mileage basis for all authorised journeys undertaken.
Lunch (if volunteering over lunchtime period).
– Computer literacy to the level of transferring basic knowledge to older people
– Confidence, enthusiasm and ability to deal sympathetically, patiently and sensitively with all users
– Good communication skills
– A liking for and an empathy with older people
– Good timekeeping
– Understand the need for confidentiality
FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY please contact:
Tel: 01384 356150